Important Conversations: I Spit Negative Game
- me: I'm being a twat and listening to Demi Lovato. It was on my hold music and I just needed to hear it to get through today
- Roddy: haha i dont think that makes you a twat
- Roddy: I smell like perfume now...
- me: You gchat like a character from Ulysses
- me: I take it you dig James Joyce references this early in the morning
- Roddy: HA. explain
- me: Ulysses is considered by many to be one of the best novels to ever exist
- me: Written by Dubliner James Joyce at the turn of the 20th century, it follows one character through his life over the course of one day, I believe
- Roddy: but how am i like one of those characters
- me: Of note, however, is the "stream of consciousness" style of writing that Joyce employed - also made famous by his novel The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
- me: Which is a personal favorite of mine
- me: The style of writing is similar to the way many people think - bizarre and quick transitions between seemingly unrelated or tangential topics
- Roddy: in other words, i write like a scatter brain?
- Roddy: I mean, that was a simpler way to put it, dont you think?
- me: Yes, but mine was more charming because it involved literary allusions
Short URL for this post: http://tmblr.co/ZK5foxV8X43I