2012 was the year where the Oscars went off the rails. Young Adult was completely shut out, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo was underrepresented, and The Descendants failed to…well, sweep everything. Sure, it won Best Adapted Screenplay, but George lost Best Actor, the film lost Best Picture, and, perhaps worst of all, Shailene Woodley wasn’t even nominated.
This is my response to the sheer injustice of it all. To enjoy the quiet brilliance of this film, to reflect on these performances, to appreciate the beautiful screenplay and cinematography…with alcohol.
One must drink from beverage when:
- Scotty is hungry or discusses food
- Someone says “Hawaii”
- Matt learns something new about his wife
- Anyone mentions the family land
- Family turmoil occurs in a hospital room
- Someone cries
- Matt’s befuddled face is shown in close up
Optional Shit-faced Rule: You have to drink every time the daughters curse