Being a famous actress in Sweden seems a little bit like being a star athlete at M.I.T.: you’ve won the qualified admiration of a small society of mostly polite, introverted people. — Karen Olsson, referencing Noomi Rapace in a profile in the New York Times Magazine.
The nominations this year are just insane. I’m all for a few surprises come the announcement, but these are just way off.
- Young Adult was completely shut out
- Dragon Tattoo was only recognized for Rooney Mara (well-deserved)
- Shailene Woodley was ignored for The Descendants
- We don’t get to see Trent Reznor in a tuxedo again because he wasn’t even nominated
- Bore Horse and Extremely Long and Incredibly Boring received actual nominations for real awards.
You fucked up, Academy. Big. HUGE.